latest renwal -
1. What I am interested most from the environmental urban design concern is how to control the decrease of society and turn it to the positive value in urban planning. Rapid decrease of population in Japan is prospected due to the long life expectancy and low birth rate, limit of the economic growth and environmental problems. These change of situation will impose serious impact on our society and will force great revision of the methodology of conventional urban planning which has been based on the growth. If we let these disease be, our cities will suffer form serious damages. We are now conducting an urban research project with Prof. Kitazawa from Urban Engineering, U.T and Prof. Oikawa from the Environmental Studies, U.T in order to build new paradigm to Tokyo reorganization ("Tokyo Vision Project").
2. Relating the issue above mentioned with architectural planning, it becomes important issue where to be open. Spacial picture of relationships with building as well as administrative means for increasing open space are one of concrete issues.
3. I have investigated on the semantics or, to put it the other way, the communication function in HYOUSOU many ways. I am now planning to publish our production as an architecture and urban design issues though there are still many subjects to be cleared as semantic issue. I also expect to go to comparative studies of HYOUSOU as some foreign students reaped rich harvest from their researches on foreign cities.
1. I am interested in the way to characterize an architecture with its openings instead of its silhouette. It is an aesthetic strategy for the architecture with unique feature, which nevertheless can make a less ugly city-scape with other architectures. I deem it as an antithesis against modern architecture. Shape of openings, role of openings in HYOUSOU and making space as well as the construction of opening should be investigated.
2. We can now realize the avant-garde's dream in the beginning of 20th century of making city. However, the reality still remains late. I want to pursue pragmatically how to realize such three dimensional city .
3. What I like to realize in architecture is open but closed, complex but strong, unique but cooperative.